With years of baking experience, The Whitstable Cake Company was created out of a love of all things cake to provide high quality cakes and cupcakes for any occasion.
We will make any cake for any celebration (but, sorry, we don’t make rude or discriminatory cakes), the only limit is imagination.
We have been honoured to make a selection of cakes and cupcakes for a wide variety of people, including corporate clients and several VIPs.
All cakes and cupcakes are made after we have listened and understood your requirements – we aim to make the perfect cake for you!
We will create your cake(s) after a detailed consultation where we will sit with you to discuss your individual requirements. Cakes are made taking into account the feel and theme of your wedding. Whether it is a vintage wedding or something more quirky, we can accommodate your needs. We apologise but we are no longer making superhero half and half cakes nor do we make just buttercream covered cakes.
Cakes can be delivered in the Whitstable CT5 area free of charge, further afield in Kent, London, Essex or Surrey, a delivery charge will apply.
Please call to arrange a consultation on:
01227 266716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for your bespoke quote. As no two cakes are the same, we choose not to publish our prices as your price is tailored directly to you, our client.
We also have a variety of cake and cupcake stands and cake knives to hire. Prices will depend on the size of your order.
Terms and Conditions:
- A 50% deposit is required to secure the booking.
- You have 1 week to return the booking form, deposit and (if applicable) hire form. After this, your date will be released and documents shredded.
- Deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE
- Full payment is due no later than 3 weeks prior to delivery. If this is not done, The Whitstable Cake Company will cancel your order and retain your deposit. Under NO circumstances will we accept a “cash on delivery” situation.
- Any changes to design must be agreed NO LATER than 3 weeks prior to the wedding date
- We take numerous photographs of the cake in situ to prove safe delivery. Any damage caused after delivery will be the responsibility of the bride/groom. We will repair damage but additional costs will apply.
- We will ensure you are kept up-to-date with the progress of your cake in the build up to the wedding
- Your cake will be delivered to the venue on the date of your specification, we will liaise with the venue for the best delivery time.
- Cost of cake includes design, consultation, cake, decoration, delivery and assembly.
- If for whatever reason we are unable to complete your cake order, we will refund you any payments made (if more than 4 months before your date) If less than 4 months we will work with you to help find a replacement cake maker (and will transfer any payments made directly to them on your behalf)
- We reserve the right to publish photos of your cake on our website, social media outlets or any marketing product as we see fit.
- We reserve the right to make stylistic changes to your design during construction. These will not affect your theme, colour scheme etc. They will be in keeping with the original design.
- We use ganache underneath icing (even fruit cake, when appropriate) This not only tastes amazing but also ensures a smooth finish to your cake.
- If a cake topper is ordered from a different company, we require our clients to inform us and for the topper to be delivered to us no later than TWO weeks before the date. We accept no liability whatsoever for toppers provided by someone else that do not fit on the cake.
- In the highly unlikely event you have cause to complain, no cake must be eaten. You (or the venue) must call us immediately and we will collect the cake (if possible) or the cake must be retained (await instructions from us). If the cake is eaten, either wholly or partly (i.e. more than a couple of mouthfuls) we cannot accept any complaint.
- Force Majeure: Should we be physically unable to deliver your cake in circumstances such as and not limited to: snow, flood, Operation Stack, hurricane, we will inform you as soon as possible. We will explore all other roads in order to get you your cake but accept no liability for our inability to deliver the cake.
ALL cancellations MUST be made in writing and signed by one of the clients.
If you cancel your order within 3 calendar months of the wedding, no refund will be paid.
Cancellations within 3-4 calendar months of the wedding, your deposit plus 75% of any balance paid will be retained
Cancellations within 4-5 calendar months of the wedding, your deposit plus 50% of any balance paid will be retained.
Cancellations within 5 calendar months and more of the wedding, your deposit plus 25% of any balance paid will be retained.